Here are some of my favorite products for Lyme treatment.

I get a percentage of purchases made from these links via amazon affiliates, but it doesn't bias my recommendations because I still can recommend anything I think is good!

- - -

Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Reverse Therapy Book

M.E., Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia - The Reverse Therapy Approach

Reading this book was a big turning point for me.

While I am usually annoyed by behavioral approaches to fatigue, this book made so much sense to me and confirmed what I'd felt in my body and intuition all along!

And it also explained the behavioral approaches I'd been averse to could be counterproductive (it was nice to have my intuition validated)!

I think this guy is really onto something.

This book presents a very simple, side-effect-free protocol you can apply yourself, that many people have found helps them to get much better from fatigue and pain conditions, which, if not the entirety of Lyme, can be a big part of it.

It felt great finally to have a book telling me to do exactly what I'd wanted to do all along, that I'd intuited would help me get better, but which I thought "wouldn't look good" or wasn't what I was supposed to do.

If you've ever noticed that you can do more when it's something you WANT to do, this book is for you!


Another thing that's amazing about this approach is that it's purported to help you produce more growth hormone naturally (and some users report actual changes in their GH levels as confirmed by tests!). Most people with chronic Lyme and CFS are thought have low growth hormone levels, and this can be a hindrance to recovery (not to mention it makes life kinda blah!).

Doing the sorts of behaviors this book recommends sure feels like it improves endocrine functioning (particularly the HPA axis).

I'm really benefiting from applying the skills and perspective I learned from this book. I highly recommend it!